I am a California Licensed Psychologist and Marriage and Family Therapist with a depth and breadth of experience derived from almost 30 years as a therapist in private practice. I work collaboratively and interactively with individual adults, adolescents, couples and groups.
My offices are in Berkeley and Lafayette, California.
My therapeutic approach emphasizes solutions and action for positive change. I provide a supportive environment in which to explore and understand barriers to change and develop new perspectives and skills to help clients effectively address personal life challenges.
I am experienced in a variety of therapeutic methods (such as Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy) and integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client.
I have engaged in extensive post-doctoral Continuing Education and will be happy to anwer any questions you may have about specific training. I also receive ongoing and confidential Case Consultation to provide professional accountability and perspective on my work.
Aspects of Attachment Theory, Positive Psychology, Object Relations Theory, Systems Theory and Self Psychology provide a broad theoretical framework to guide my approach to each individual.
If medications or adjunctive therapies are appropriate, I collaborate with medical and other health care providers as necessary.
With compassion and understanding, I will help you build on your strengths, clearly define your personal goals, and work to help you realize them.
- California Licensed Psychologist PSY9257 (1986)
- California Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist MFC16272(1980)
- PhD, Counseling Psychology (1982) , UC Berkeley
- MA, Counseling Psychology, (1978), UC Berkeley
- AB, Psychology, (1975), UC Berkeley
- Alameda Country Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association
- California Psychological Association
- Contra Costa Country Psychological Association
- The Psychotherapy Institute, Berkeley, CA
- Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology, San Francisco, CA